Saturday, January 21, 2006

Halfway there...


Hi, I'm (yet another) Jennifer, and I just found out there was a knit-along, so I had to join.

Anyway, I'm doing my Tubey out of my worsted weight yarn stash with size 10 needles, figuring I can use up at least some of my orphan balls of yarn. It also helps that most of my colors are in the blue/purple range and go together well enough, and there's enough left for stripes in certain colors. Of course, this means I'm going to have more stripes than other people's, but that's all right. Makes it more interesting to work on. :)

I love how easily this knits up, even though I wish I'd made the arms a lot more close-fitting. I did decrease by about 9 stitches every inch after getting to the starting point of the stripes, but next time I am definitely making it smaller.

So far I've got the sleeves done and am a few inches down on the middle. This is so exciting!

I am thinking of doing another Tubey for the Knitting Olympics, maybe a "Speed Tubey" to see if I can finish it within sixteen days. The last sweater I did took four months, and this one is going surprisingly fast, so...it could work. But the real question is, will I have enough left in the yarn stash to do another one? Looking at the remaining stash, I might have to do a rainbow sweater, because I've got a lot of reds, oranges, yellows, and greens that haven't gone into this one. I wonder how clownish it would be, but it could be interesting too....

2 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Lovely colours in the one you're doing at the moment - and the idea of a rainbow one sounds great (very cheerful!)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Stariel said...

Wow, I love the blues on your Tubey! I might have to do another non-black one later. :)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home