Thursday, January 05, 2006

Introduction & Questions

Hi everyone! I'm planning on modifying Tubey a bit by knitting short sleeves and having fewer, if any, stripes. Noro Cash Iroha in #01, a creamy white, will be the MC. Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Aslan MIGHT be the CC. If I'm going to have a stripe at all, it'll be a single band across the chest. My concern, though, is how well will these 2 colors go together? Recently, I ordered a bunch of yarn online, so I'll be getting the Noro and Lorna's Laces in a couple of days. Judging from the pictures that I've seen online, the colors kind of match, but I wonder if the fibers of either yarn will be too different - one is a silk, cashmere, wool, nylon blend while the other is comprised of just wool. Hopefully, I'll be able to make up my mind one way or another and start Tubey once the yarn arrives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

D-R-O-O-L. I love those colors!

The yarns might be mixable, as long as the fabric has a similar "hand". You may want to try knitting a striped swatch, so you can see how the hold together.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Tiffany Teabag said...

Ohhh, that's a good idea. The postal person delivered the yarn today, so I'm going to knit up a test swatch... that is, after I wind all those skeins up.

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home