Thursday, January 19, 2006

Sleeve modifications

I'm doing it in Wool-ease - I'm finding it to be just fine softness-wise. I got about 10 inches into the first sleeve when I knew the sleeves would be too loose for my taste. I ripped it out back to 4 inches, then started decreasing 1 stitch every 3rd row. That takes me to about the elbow, from where I'm working straight (I'm not doing the belled sleeve).

2 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Archer said...

OOOO... That's a great idea.. I was wondering about decreases to make a slimmer sleeve, but was too lazy to do the math.

I'll save it for the next one.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Eden said...

Forgot to say that I decreased 1 stitch every third row 12 times. I originally had 54 stitches, once I got to 42 I just went straight for the remainder of the sleeve.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home