Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Speed Tubey, in more ways than one


Okay, this is the rainbow sweater layout I was talking about doing as a "Speed Tubey", going on the samples and shades I've got left in my stash of worsted. Yeah, it's a crappy drawing, but you get the idea of what it should come out looking like, right? I've been asking people if they think it's a bad/ugly idea, but so far people like it. Go figure. Maybe they're just used to my interesting color sense or something.


As for how my current Tubey is going...


I've got about six inches left to go on it! Yay! My goal is to have it finished by January 30. Hopefully I will make that date.
I did discover when trying it on that I will have to take in the sides by about 2 inches. If I don't do that, I have major bra strap showing issues. I feel kind of sad about having to take it in, but it's better than having to dig up a strapless bra. Has anyone else run into that problem with the neckline?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I think Cassie recommended stitching the neckline and top edge of the body together for an inch or two to make the neckline less wide. Try basting or pinning it there first, and see how you like it.

It looks GREAT

10:50 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

I like the rainbow effect too! Could be very cool. What yarns are you using on the current one? I love it!

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jennifer R said...

Jess: Yeah, that's what I'm going to do. I have it pinned about two inches on each side for that.

Christine: Well, I've had most of them for so long I don't remember what they're called, but I suspect the blue and purple multicolored shades are Red Heart, as is the blue/purple mix and the rainbow mix. The dark blue is Cascade, the light blue and dark purple are The Real Worsted. Can't recall what the other purple is, unfortunately.

And thanks, you guys! :)

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Cassie said...

I confess....I wear it bra-less with a tube top from my college years. Sorry, I have no chest so I do crazy things like that. But if I was going bra'ed, I'd have to wear the strapless.

Looks great!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home