Saturday, February 11, 2006

Day 2: Knitting Olympics

Team TubeyWell, Team Tubey-ites, how goes it on Day 2 of the Knitting Olympics? I think we picked just the right project -- with the miles of stockinette stitch needed to knit the shrug part, it's easy enough to knit and pay attention to figure skating and moguls competitions! Although, I admit that I'm a sucker for luge.

At the end of Day 2, I'm happy to report that I'm two-thirds of the way done with the shrug part. I just finished the first arm about 10 or 15 minutes ago. I'm guessing that I'll definitely finish the second arm by the end of tomorrow, and maybe even start the body. These are the benefits of having what is predicted to be a major snowstorm, I suppose. No one wants to leave the house, and everyone has panicked and cancelled all their events anyway! So, aside from doing a little driveway and sidewalk shovelling tomorrow, I've got nothing to do but knit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

I am about 2/3 done with the first sleeve (and the back finished, obviously). I'm starting to feel as though finishing Tubey in time isn't going to be quite the challenge I anticipated, but I don't want to speak to soon. I'm trying to challenge myself in other ways, like learning how to do jogless stripes in the round and trying out a new cast on.

I'm loving how it's coming out and should have some pictures to post tomorrow!

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home