Saturday, February 18, 2006

Day 9: Knitting Olympics - where's my gold medal?

Day 9: Knitting Olympics - DONE!

I finished up the knitting on Tubey last night and set it to block overnight. This morning I sewed the neckline up a bit so I could easily wear a bra. I think, though, that were I to make another Tubey, I would just leave the neckline alone.

The only real mod I included [aside from the neckline] was to switch from 3x1 ribbing to 3x2 ribbing for the bottom five inches. I've got wide hips and I wanted the bottom to be just a smidge wider to avoid having the sweater bunch at my hips.

I'm pleased with the way it turned out, and I'm amazed that it knit up in only nine days, start to finish! Yay Team Tubey!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Rachel said...

That looks really terrific! I think the fit is very flattering, and I really like the idea of changing the ribbing like that to create a little flare. You've given me a motivation boost with your great FO!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Ariane said...

Your Tubey is beautiful! Great job!

11:30 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

it looks great! the color is great with your eyes.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

9 DAYS! Good Lord, girl - that has to be a record! Great job! I am in the "may never finish this" category...

10:33 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

Did you ever sleep? or eat? holy cripes, that's impressive. BEAUTIFUL and so pretty on you!!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Mac said...

I'm convinced that little elves visited my house in the night and continued knitting as I slept. I seriously don't know how I managed it.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home