Saturday, February 25, 2006

I medaled in Tubey


I finished faster than I expected, given that I changed from English to Continental and from mirror image to normal knitting just in time for the competition.

I made the small size but shortened it by more than TWO inches! I am a long-legged, short-bodied creature, I tell you. Like Kermit the Frog. How appropriate that I made a green sweater. I made the sleeves a little long just because I can never find sleeves long enough for me and dammit for once I don't want to see my wristbones.

I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and although it's nice and soft, boy it sure looks like it wants to pill already. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

I'm happy that I took the KO challenge because I've felt a little bad about my UFOs lately. Samus still languishes in my knitting basket and probably will for a while. I've moved on to a cotton sweater for my daughter and am working up some socks in some handspun. I completed this in 15 days without really losing any sleep or ignoring my family that bad. A miracle.

I've really enjoyed seeing everyone else's sweaters. For those of you who haven't finished, press on! You can do it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

I love the color!!!

5:52 PM  
Blogger knottyknitpicks said...

i love it, too!! great to see a full colored DBashmerino aran. i am getting some skeins of that yarn in hopes of knitting tubey. thanks for sharing yours!!!

10:41 PM  
Anonymous virginia said...

Hi-- Your sweater looks great!

I knitted a pncho for my 10-year old daughter in the Cashmerino. I LOVED working with it, and I chose it because my daughter wont wear anything itchy. BUT, as you predit, It has balled up terribly in the thast month since I finished it, and it has stretched a lot too.

Now all I need is to figure out how to clean off the balls :-).

My daughter still absolutely loves the poncho, though, becuase it feels so good on her skin.

6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home