Thursday, February 09, 2006

In training

Team TubeyI figured last night was as good a night as any to do my official 'training' for the Knitting Olympics - the gauge swatch.

I hate making gauge swatches.

I dragged my box of KnitPicks Yarn of the Andes in Blueberry over to the sofa and cast on with size 8 double points. I'm half a stitch off gauge in both the stockinette and 3x1 rib. I know I should probably be more concerned about that, but yet I am not. It's close enough. I guess I won't win the award for Most Anal Compulsive Olympic Knitter, eh?

This evening's 'training' will include actually reading the pattern. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

I'm ready to go, and excited about casting on! By the way, who else doing the Tubey-a-long is knitting it for the Olympics? I'd like to know my teammates. Because misery loves company, yo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie D. said...

I'm participating in the knitting olympics, too but I'm doing a baby set for my co-worker whose baby is due soon!

Bonnie

11:02 AM  
Anonymous jessie said...

I am! Right now I'm practicing my provisional cast-on. I want to be fast out of the blocks, you know.

2:34 PM  
Anonymous Rachel said...

I am doing Tubey for the Knitting Olympics. I have swatched, and tonight I'm going to practice a crochet chain cast-on, which I've never done. I can't wait to get started! I honestly have been looking forward to it all week.

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Mairi said...

I'm also doing Tubey for the KO, and knit my swatch today. I've got somewhere between 1200 and 1300 yards of Henry's Attic alpaca yarn which I'm going to use - I'm just hoping it'll be enough!

3:20 PM  
Blogger Jennifer R said...

I'm doing my second Tubey for the KO. Woo!

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home