Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tubey love....

I love this pattern! Love it! I'm done with the shrug and am now starting the body tube. I have a question for all. Is anyone doing decorative edging on the sleeves and bottom edge? I'm wanting to do a shell crochet around the cuffs. Will it look weird if I crochet around a knitted piece, or is this fairly common practice? Should I do a knitted edging instead? Thanks in advance for the advance. Oh, and I promise I'll get off my lazy duff and take some WIP pictures.

xo Lauren

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I think that would be pretty! You may want to change from doing the garter stitch border on the last few rows, as I'm not sure how that would look with the crocheted edges. Usually when I do a crocheted edge on a sleeve it's been on standard stockinette. Let us know how it turns out!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Kitty said...

Hi Lauren,

I use seed stitches on my sleeves, came out nice it doesn't roll-up on me hehee.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Jeanie said...

I think a crocheted edging would be lovely, but I agree that you'll want to omit the garter stitch at the bottom of the sleeve. The crocheted edging should keep the sleeve from rolling up and look really cute too.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home