Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Andean silk or Aurora 8?

Hi all! Newbie - my first knit-a-long, and my first foray into blogging as well (seeing as i haven't even posted anything on mine yet, it's not really a foray...yet). I have been eyeing this sweater for a few months and even bought a stash of yarn for it - Andean Silk by knitpicks. I'm trying to determine the wisdom of this yarn choice, as I have knit two hats with it and it seems to lose some shape and get quite a halo. The halo I can deal with - "it's fuzzy on purpose! it's part of the design, duh"! - but if it stretches our permanently or looks like crap at the end of the day, then I may just try to ebay the stash or use it for something else. I'm so OCD, I have so much yarn, it's scary, esp. since I have been knitting only since December. Anyway, would love to hear some comments. I plan on starting this soon and make it a summer project that I don't need to rush on.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jen said...

Hi! I used Andean Silk for Lara and it worked fine. I haven't had any trouble with it stretching out. I know that if you're not careful with Alpaca while blocking, it can stretch out of shape.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Guin said...

I knitted my tubey out of andean silk, and it seems to do okay. It stretches a bit in the body, so you may want to do a size smaller or go down a needle size when you get to that.

You can check it out on my blog to see!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home