Thursday, December 29, 2005

Yarn selection?

Hi everybody,

It sounds like most of us are still in the process of specing out yarns. Which ones did you have in mind? Are you doing stripes or solids? What colors are you thinking of?


I'm leaning towards Karabella Aurora 8. This is my favorite yarn of all time. It's super-soft and wonderfully springy. It's not cheap, but I have a kpixie gift certificate that should cover half of it, courtesy of my cousins Ashley and Scott:


Color selection is giving me a hard time, though. A few ideas:
- black MC with shades of teal, turquoise, wine/tomato, sand, and maybe chocolate brown for CC
- dark teal MC with lighter shades of teal and turquoise, and maybe a little black, grey or brown for CC

Aurora 8 comes in so many colors, it's really hard to choose. Ordering color combinations online is also tricky. Maybe the thing to do is to photoshop the online photos together...

1 Comments:

Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

Both of those color schemes sound good. I'm instantly drawn to black, but teal with those stripe colors would be very nice, too. Which one would match your wardrobe better?

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home