Monday, January 30, 2006

another "one sleeve and a back" post

Here are some pics, just shy of the first sleeve:




This is going pretty slowly because:
- my yarn is closer to DK weight
- I'm using the two circulars method (I find double points are much faster, but they tend to fall out in my bag, and I didn't have size 5 dpns anyway)
- I'm using a handpainted yarn, so I have to change balls every row.

It may be slow, but it is shaping up to be GORGEOUS. The sheen is fabulous, the colors melt nicely into each other (like a particularly blue/purplish black pearl - the photos never do the color justice) and the fabric is nicely springy at this gauge.

I'm hoping to finish up before the Knitting Olympics, since I'd like to wear it on my birthday (which happens to be the last day of the Olympics). At this rate, I'm not sure I can do it, but the body should go more quickly, since it's pure circular knitting. And I am so pleased that I don't have to do any real seaming. That is always my procrastination point.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I love the colorway! SO SO SO beautiful!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Oooh nice, it looks like its luminescent!

11:19 PM  
Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

What colorway is that? It's gorgeous!

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home