Thursday, December 29, 2005

Color dilemma

Thanks for the invitation, Jess!

I can't wait to make this sweater, either. But, like you, I can't decide on colors. I was thinking of making it monotone, or doing the body in one color and the sleeves/shoulders in another. I don't think horizontal stripes look good on me, so I'm just going to leave those out.

Forest green? Natural wool? I'm completely at a loss. I'm hoping I can find everything I need in my stash so I won't have to buy anything (*crossing fingers*).

3 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

Either option would look great. I think a solid in a dressier yarn would look very luxe, while a two-tone in a less dressy yarn would be true to the fun spirit of the striped original. What have you got in your stash?

7:54 AM  
Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

I have a lot of natural wool, but I can dye it just about any color. Also probably have enough emerald green, purple, or black. Choices, choices!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Nadira said...

Hmm... that's a toughie. Solid natural would be gorgeous, and would be easy to dress up or down. I always worry about ivory getting dirty How about solid black with stripes on the sleeves only? Purple is pretty too...

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home