Monday, January 30, 2006

I started!

I couldn't wait for the Debbie Bliss yarn to show up at the LYS, and I quickly got tired of knitting in Wool-Ease when I knew I was going to turn around and make it again in another yarn. I also happened to have a shawl that I was never going to wear in its current state. It was more like a blanket than a shawl. Four contrasting balls later, and here we are.

I haven't figured out what I want to do with the stripes yet. I know I'm going to have fewer than the original pattern, probably not as far down on the body of the sweater. It's taking me a long time to get across the back, because I want the knitting to be even. If I'm not exceptionally careful, I get pretty distinct rowing on flat knitting. The yarn's a cashmere/silk blend, so I'm not complaining about how long I have to have it running through my fingers. ;-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

Oooooh. Those are pretty colors and I'll bet that yarn is DELISH.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

I LOOOOOOVE that kind of green.

11:20 PM  
Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

I think those colors really work well together. Green makes a nice base color.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home