Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Tubey in the Frog Pond :-(

Tubey Knit-Along

I had the back, one whole sleeve and an inch of the other, and 2 inches of the body done before I could try it on well enough to tell that it was too tight under the arms. I just frogged it and I'm catching my breath before I start again.

I think the problem is that I'm using an alpaca silk blend which isn't as elastic as wool. I'll go up a size for the shrug portion and it should be ok.

Frogging that much bites, but one thing I love about knitting is that you get do-overs. I'm just grateful I didn't finish both sleeves before checking the size carefully!

Cheers

5 Comments:

Blogger Peggy Archer said...

I'm so sorry - I feel your pain!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just surfing and i came across your post. if it makes you feel any better, i frogged the entire back, completed 1st sleeve, and 3/4 completed 2nd sleeve because of a rookie mistake. i read the cast on instructions for the wrong size. as peggy so aptly put it above, "i feel your pain!" most acutely. but soldier on and try again!! you can do it!!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Nadira said...

I'm sorry you had to frog, but you should be proud of yourself for catching the problem early and fixing it.

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry you had to frog, but really glad you tried it on when you did. I try things on compulsively as I knit, and I've learned from this pattern that not everyone does.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I did a provisional cast-on that wasn't that provisional...it's taken me forever to get started on the second sleeve. I've had 3 false starts, but think that I'm good to go now...good luck!

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home