Sunday, April 09, 2006

I love my Tubey!


PurlyQueen again here!
This is destined to be one of my favourite items of clothing. I adore the fit, the cashmere/lambswool yarn and I feel like a 50s movie star in this.
This knitalong group has been invaluable. Firstly, because I noticed that a lot of people had problems with the sizing - so I made the smallest size and figured that I could either block it if it didn't fit or give it to my sister.
I am what you might call 'super curvy' - my dress size on top is a UK18 (US14) and the smallest size fits me beautifully without the ribbing stretching too much. Knitting with a very springy yarn helped as well. If I decided to make this in a less flexible fibre such as cotton or a linen blend, I would have gone for a bigger size.
Initially, the sleeve tube gaped too much, so I sewed up the sleeves using mattress stitch so that I would not have to expose my wobbly upper arms to the whole world. Once I was happy with the arms, I then picked up the stitches for the body. I have posted lots of other photos and Tubey thoughts on my blog.
Happy knitting!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

That looks lovely!

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home