Sunday, January 08, 2006

modifying question

Hi all,

I'm still swatching and picking out colors, but want to get your opinion. I need to make the XS size tube for the body, but I have long arms. At first I thought, duh, just make the sleeve tube longer, but I normally need the arms a bit wider also. Can I make the L or M size for the arms and the XS for the body without any major modifications? I haven't read the pattern very closely yet to determine if I need to do different math or can I just stick it together?

Can't wait to get started!! I'm off to the ONE lys in town that's open on Sundays.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fleurdog said...

I hope someone can answer this for me too! I was wondering if I can make a small body tube and medium shoulder/sleeves.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I did an x-small body with small sleeves and it worked out okay. In retrospect, I should have done an x-small all the way as the back length of the shrug is a little long on me. I was also concerned about arm circumference. I probably could have used smaller needle on the body as well. I have a 33" bust. Needless to say, I have to be careful when bending over with this sweater. :)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home