Thursday, January 05, 2006

So many choices

Eeeep. The more I look, the harder it gets to choose yarn. Here's what I'm looking into:

1) Karabella Aurora 8 in stripes, in one of the following color combos:

a) Black MC with red, dark teal, turquoise, brown, sand:

This was my first thought. It would go with pretty much everything I have, and has similar amounts of contrast to Cassie's choices, so it'd be pretty likely to work well, as long as I place the colors well. I like this, but I'm not jumping out of my seat about it.

b) Turquoise, Orange, Salmon, Yellow, Mint, and Tan:

This was inspired by the coolest and least-stereotypical-but-still-appropriate baby blanket color scheme I've ever seen. I'd probably use Salmon, Mint or Turquoise as the MC. Tan is the most obvious choice, but it may not be as flattering as a bright. Would look great with jeans, but not necessarily with the rest of my pants (mostly blacks and greys).

c) Salmon, Peach, Rose, brighter Rose, Tan and Sand:

I LOVE these colors, but it definitely wouldn't go with black or grey pants, and would probably be only okay with jeans. It's really got me tempted, though. Maybe even to the point of going out to buy some khakis to wear it with.

I'm not as wild about the next three as the previous, but they'd probably look nice on me and go with stuff I own (always a plus):

d) Blue/Greens:

I'm not sure if I'm wild about these. Maybe with three or four colors instead of all six?

e) Purples:

I'm also not as wild about these, but Carrioke's looks great in purple.

(UPDATE, a few hours later: I played with this color combo on the Random Stripes Generator, and it looks really, really nice. Awfully girly, but just gorgeous. I may need to revisit this...)

f) Purples and Greens:

Again, I'm not wild, but it could be nice.

2) Some GORGEOUS merino/silk handpaint from Over the Rainbow Yarns, to do without stripes:


This is a gorgeous, soft, and shiney yarn. I get spot-on gauge with size 6s, but I'm not sure it's elastic enough for Tubey. I'm going to try it with 5s and see how it turns out.


3) KnitPicks Andean Silk in Cranberry

I was thinking of doing a cabled variation with this. Maybe cable the body, instead of ribbing it, and then add a cable along the top edge of the shrug opening, to frame the neckline?


Opinions, anybody? Tentatively, I'm thinking that if the handpaint is stretchy enough, I'll use that, and put my Aurora 8 money towards another project.


Believe it or not, this was the short version of the rant. :) The full is on my blog.

3 Comments:

Blogger carlita dee said...

OK. I was all about option A until I saw that handpaint swatch. Gorgeous! I'd say use that if you can. Its lovliness knows no bounds.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Bad Amy said...

I like choice C, but the handpaint ROCKS! It'd be gorgeous.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally into the color groupings (the pinks, or the purples especially). This is odd, because I am totally not a pink person.

The handpaint is lovely too. Personally I needed the color changes of the stripes to keep me interested through the rib part, but then, maybe I have ADD.

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home