Monday, January 02, 2006

Please, don't judge.

I'm thinking of calculating for a slightly bigger gauge and, at this I shudder, in acrylic. Please, don't judge. This is part of The Great Acrylic Resolution of 2006 (#4) and why not get it over with early on?! I was eyeballing Red Heart's Hokey Pokey, and alas, it has been discontinued. Perhaps this is the Knitting Gods telling me to abandon the whole A-word idea.


Regardless, hello to all, and may we each find our dream colors for the great Tubey and get to knitting!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If you still want to go with acrylic, Utopia is a good choice IMO. I've used it for a few hats and scarves, and it wears really well. :)

1:02 PM  
Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

Use whatever you want! I just made an Isabeau handbag in acrylic, and it's lovely (if I do say so myself). Acrylic isn't necessarily evil.

So, what color are you using?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Nadira said...

I say go for it. If you find something you like, use it! While I tend to prefer natural fibers, acrylics aren't all bad. I happen to love Red Heart Light & Lofty, although it's definitely not for this project! Bulky boucle and fitted sweaters do NOT mix, as I learned in what was both my first sweater and my first design attempt.

10:07 AM  
Blogger carlita dee said...

I like me some Caron Simply Soft. My acrylic experience only goes so far as having knit a swatch with it, but I thought it was nice. It split a little, but even wool does that.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home