Saturday, January 14, 2006

Thank goodness for jury duty

Hi folks! I just joined the knit-a-long and bought my yarn this week -- it's Cashmere Luxury Aran from AC Moore. A few folks recommended it to me as an affordable substitute for the Debbie Bliss, with the added bonus of less pilling. I didn't believe that a yarn from AC Moore could be so nice, but since all yarn was 25 percent off this week, I gave it a go. So far, it's a good choice.

I started the sweater while on jury duty in Queens. As you can see, there was not much to do there and I got a lot done. (They put on "Price is Right." I couldn't believe I was getting paid to knit and watch game shows!)



I'm making it solid and I'm now at the elbows of the first sleeve. So enjoyable ...

3 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

That looks beautiful. I love the color. What's the fiber content of your yarn? I am _always_ interested in affordable yarn. :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

That color is stunning! I keep hearing about AC Moore, but I'm not sure if there's one in my city. Anyway, good color choice for a great pattern like this!

9:09 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Damn, when I had jury duty in Manhattan, we didn't have any TV! No fair...

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home