Tuesday, January 10, 2006

a different yarn

OK, thanks to Jess for the AWESOME post about sizing shrugs & tubes. I'm going crazy and casting on the MEDIUM shrug and gonna make the XS tube. We'll see... it should work.

I went back & forth on what yarn to use, decided on my very fave worsted of all, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted. I used 7s to get gauge. I'm using the COOLEST color called Charcoal that has that hand-painted look of different tones of dark greys, makes it a bit less tedious to knit than straight black. Have no idea what colors I'm using for striping, will figure it when I get there.

Here's my start. It looks so little here, but I was quite proud of my little tubey-to-be. Click the pic for a close-up of the cool coloring changes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

Beautiful! Are you going to do it solid, or add stripes? I've heard really nice things about Shepherd Worsted. Let us know how soft it is and how it wears once you're done.

I've worked with Lion & Lamb which I *_LOVE_*, but it gets fuzzy quickly, so I wouldn't use it for anything that gets a lot of wear, like a sweater. (And that's not even considering the expense!) The colorways just make me drool, though.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home