Monday, January 02, 2006

Hi there!

Instead of being a weird sort of voyeur, I figured I should just post and let you know I'm here. Hi! I'm Tubey's mom. If anything in the pattern is confusing, or un-working, or annoying I'm the one to bitch to!

So...for yarn selection...
I used the Cashmerino Aran mostly because it was in the stash and I wanted to get rid of it. However, I ended up totally loving the way it turned out. So far, it's wearing pretty well, maybe getting a little fuzzy but not pilling or stretching out. I think a few people are trying it in Elann's Peruvian Alpaca and having good results. And I almost knit it in Aurora 8 but then realized I could save a chunk of dough if I just stuck with what I already owned.

The one caution I would put out there is to be sure you're knitting with something that has give and recovery. Some people have asked my for recommendations for cotton yarns, and I fear that they will end up either with baggy backs, or with a binding seam across the back. Not fun!

Dancing Barefoot....I think it would look amazing in fine gauge, if you wanted to go that route. Or, if you wanted to do it by hand, could you double the yarn? I need a knitting machine so badly....sigh...

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

3 Comments:

Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

We're so glad you showed up! Thanks for the support (and it goes without saying that we all love your awesome design)!

I'm still undecided on the machine thing. I have to rework the stitch numbers to see... probably don't have enough needles on the machine to do it that way (max of 200 stitches). Not easily, anyway.

I do like hand-knitting, but I'm impatient to get it done! :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Bad Amy said...

Hi Cassie! Thanks for joining us! I'm excited to get started.

Just to clarify the armpit part of the measurments, we should have a pal measure us from the up-close-and-personal pit of one armpit to the other? (I couldn't figure a demure way to pit-talk.)

(From Knitty) Important Note: Be sure to choose a size with a cross-back measurement that is at least .5 inches longer than the width of your back, measured from center of armpit to center of armpit, when your arms are held forward. (Have a friend help you take this measurement!)

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I measured myself, by putting one end of the tape measure in one pit, pulling the tape measure across my back and through my other pit, and then hunching out my back (as if I was holding my arms forward). I'm sure I looked quite strange. But having a friend help is probably more reliable, as long as you're comfortable with them being all "up close and personal"

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home