Sunday, January 15, 2006

reply to Fleurdog's comment on my previous post

was going to put this as a comment but thought others may find it useful too.

As far as I can recall the gauge worked out the same as she specified in the pattern (much to my relief) I'm working the same number of stitches as specified for the size anyway. As far as the row gauge is concerned this is less of a worry as I'm measuring rather than counting rows. I went for the same size as designer said she had (29" bust) mainly because my bust measurement is the same as hers (36"), and it worked for the sleeves part but the body was too loose (probably because the thinner yarn has made a looser fabric) so I'm dropping down a size for that and hope it works out. My shoulders are 17" across (shoulder bone to shoulder bone) and the shrug part in the pattern is 21.5" across before joining for the arms. This seems to fit pretty well.

Hope that helps some. It's been mainly trial and error so far, but I think it's probably quite a forgiving pattern.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's actually so forgiving I was surprised... Last weekend a few of my knitting friends asked to try Tubey on, and it fit 5 different girls, of different sizes. It was like the Sisterhood of the Travelling Sweater.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home