Wednesday, February 08, 2006

~ Advice needed ~

Ok where you have to do a provisional cast on in the beginning of the back. I used a cable from my denise set instead of yarn to do this. When I went back and was ready to knit those stitches they are very lose. VERY lose. It looks like I am knitting with a needles sz 3 or 4 sz bigger than all the other rows. I am using a sz 8 needle so the cable shouldn't have been a problem at all since it is closest to a sz 5 needle. I have worked my way to the stripes on this sleeve and it is really noticeable that they are so lose in that one row. I don't know what to do to fix it. The only thing that I can think of is to duplicate stitch over it and pull that row together that way. Not that I really know how to do that either. Does anyone have any advice for me on this? Please?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can pick up the stitches a couple rows up from your provisional cast-on (use a small needle and grab each V in the same place), then cut off the rows below and painstakingly remove the yarn (it doesn't just unravel, since it's going in the wrong direction, but it WILL come out). Then you can knit in the other direction with a few extra rows for the back before you start the second sleeve.

I hope I'm answering the question you're asking.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home