Monday, February 06, 2006

Finished tubey, at long last



My tubey ended up too big for reasons that I'm sure are completely my fault. So I tossed her in the dryer, and it's a marked improvement. I went with a solid using the Luxury Aran Cashmere from AC Moore, but, as a few of my blog's wise commenters pointed out, the stripes probably add to the garment's shapeliness. But I wore this to work today, and no one said, "Um, did you make that?" Always a good sign!

Carrie
www.everywordsapurl.blogspot.com

8 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

Well I think it looks fab! I like the colour too!

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks really great -- I think the looser fit is still very attractive, even if it's not exactly what you were shooting for.

The yarn looks like it has a beautiful sheen.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

very nice!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

that's awesome! especially the yarn looks great!

3:35 PM  
Blogger dancingbarefoot said...

That's gorgeous!

6:46 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

thanks for all of the compliments!

eden - i put it for maybe a total of 40 minutes, but i checked it constantly out of fear that i'd end up with a baby sweater.

olga -- i'm a loose knitter, so i used #6 needles.

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks so cute on you! WTG!!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Great job! It looks beautiful on you!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home