Monday, February 27, 2006

Another Olympic Tubey

So I finished my Olympic Tubey just in the nick of time this weekend. Though I had a few setbacks along the way, I'm very happy with how this came out and will wear it often.

Let's see, a few details:

I used the yarn called for in the pattern (bought it 30 percent off at a Superbowl sale with a gift certificate -- it doesn't get much better than that), and although I haven't had a chance to see how it wears, I'm very happy with it for now.

I shortened the body by about 1.5 inches over what was called for. I also cast on 16 fewer stitches for the body tube than the pattern called for. If I were to do it over I wouldn't decrease the number of stitches but I'd knit the body with a smaller needle.

I think the cross-back measurement is the key to getting this sweater to fit you well. Too long or too short causes really big problems.

There are lots more details and a few more photos on my blog. Thanks for letting me be a part of this knitalong! I'm looking forward to seeing many more Tubeys here.

5 Comments:

Blogger Klara Norberg said...

Looking superdupernice on you and what a fun idé with a irl medal.
I want one too! :0)

12:23 AM  
Blogger Nadira said...

That looks fantastic; I love the color choice. And the fit is great.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Brenda in Toronto said...

wow rachel - that's gorgeous!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

Wow, it looks fantastic! Love your stripes and the colors!

Carrie
carrieoke.net

11:30 AM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

That is one of the best Tubeys I've seen. The colors, stripes, and the sleeves all look great!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home