Friday, February 17, 2006

Old News...

So, I actually finished Tubey Thursday of last week, but life's been hectic, and so it's taken me a while to post a photo:



This is immediately post-washer AND dryer ;-) Overall I'm really happy with it. I think after the winter season, I may frog the body and reknit it a little bit smaller, 'cause after I've worn it for a bit, it stretches out ALOT and is VERY loose. But I still love my Tubey ;-)

However, here is my big beef: the dang Debbie Bliss yarn! see those pale green stripes? Those used to be pale yellow! Yes, the navy yarn was absolutely saturated with excess dye, you should've seen the rinse water! I've had yarn that bleeds before, but this was ridiculous. Actually I knew it was coming the way my hands would be stained really darn blue after each knitting session. Oh well. So, I think I've sworn off Debbie Bliss, yarn and patterns, 'cause what ticks me off the most is that I can't find an easy way to contact the company and complain. It would appear, from the website, they they don't really want to hear about consumers' experiences with their products. The only email address I could find on the site was for "The Club". So I think it's really arrogant when companies don't make it easy to give feedback, especially in this age.

Anyway, I still love my Tubey! Good thing I like pale green ;-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Daisy said...

That looks fantastic! Well done!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Hi Jessie - not sure... since I'm a heavier gal and ribbing is not always kind to us, I made a decision to knit a size that was already going to be on the less-fitted side. So yes, next time I will go down a size or use size 7 needles.

So the reason it gets so loose may be because I already knit it a bit on the big side, and no so much because of the yarn. I can't say for sure (I'm kinda an inexperience knitter ;-)

I would say that if you are already kniting a size that will be snug, then don't worry. But if it's more iffy, then yes, you might want to go down a needle size.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stripes are the best adaptation of the stripes I've seen, and I'm modeling mine on yours somewhat. They look great!

I am very nervous to hear that the dye bleeding. I probably should remember to do a test before throwing mine in the washer for the first time. Yours still has a great color combo, though.

8:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurker here to ask a question - which size did you knit? TIA and if you want to answer privately my e-mail is xscal@hotmail.com

Thanks!
Chris

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home