Saturday, February 25, 2006

Finished!

I finished my Tubey, and although I had a few problems, it's turned out great.





The Wool-Ease has made a bulkier sweater that I'd originally envisioned, but it's warm and cuddly and goes great with jeans.

I'm going to have to crochet a border around the neckline, though. It's rolling under at the top and out at the front.


The problem that I had is that I've got a teeny tiny ribcage (32 inches) and really broad shoulders (when measuring for size, I'm the large - 24 inches armpit to armpit with my arms forward), so when starting the body, I had to drastically reduce the number of stitches that I picked up. Even then, I had to reduce even more just below the bust in order to make the body snug enough (I hate that potato sack look).



That looks cool, too - it's given the bust area a bit of shaping (although that may be why it's rolling outwards).

I'm starting tubey #2 now - I changed my mind about the yarn and am now using a brown alpaca, which is much thinner than the wool-ease and should make a much less bulky sweater.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

That looks great, Peggy! I love the color, and I think the shaping looks fabulous over ribbing.

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Peggy! I am just about to start my Tubey and I have broad shoulders and a tiny body, too. I am really confused as to what to do for the pattern. I don't want any bunchiness and I am still pretty amateur so I am not sure how to alter the pattern much. How is your second one going? I've got a 22" back measurement and a 35" bust :( Thanks for any help you could give me. I think your sweater looks great.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home