Sunday, February 26, 2006

Finished Tubey

Few ends to sew in and then it's done. I'm fairly pleased with the finished item, though it's a bit baggier than I would have liked. probably because the yarn I used was lighter, so although the gauge was okay the fabric was looser than that in the original. I also had to model it in my strapless bra which I'm okay with wearing in the privacy of my own home but not at all confident about wearing in public! (it has a bad habit of finishing up around my waist!) LoL!

I think that all in all I'd have been better of knitting a smaller size (which comes as a bit of a surprise) and in a firmer fabric. Not sure how much I'm likely to wear this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Well done you:) It looks good. I hate strapless bras they always seem to be on an expedition around the body don't they?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Tubey looks fantastic! Not too baggy at all. Great colors. I'm a Tubey Knit-Along lurker and am totally inspired to start one when my skills are improved. Strapless bras are deadly.

6:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it looks really good! If you find you don't feel up to wearing it as it is, you could always take just the body out and reknit it with a few fewer stitches around and with a smaller needle. Then you wouldn't be totally redoing the pattern, at least.

Great job!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home