Friday, March 03, 2006

hey y'all!

I have been knitting like a fiend on my Tubey, even mentally slapping myself when I start to reach for yet another project to start.

Here's my progress thus far:


I'm using this color scheme:


Big geek that I am, I tried out a ton of different color designs in Photoshop, and this one was the best. I'm using Knitpicks Alpaca Silk. Does anyone know the best way to block this kind of yarn? I'm almost worried to wetblock it.

Everyone's tubeys are really inspiring for me to get off my butt and start knitting!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that color scheme!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Nadira said...

I love the colors!

I've only blocked a double-stranded garment made in Andean Silk, but I wet-blocked it. It was _very_ easy to stretch out of shape, but it wasn't too hard to wiggle it back into the shape I wanted.

If you haven't already, you might want to wash your gauge swatch, to see how it behaves. You're going to have to wash your Tubey eventually anyway, so you'll essentially have to wet-block it later anyway. :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger Guin said...

Yeah, that's true. Unless I can alter my genes to sweat febreeze, it's gonna get funky sometime.
I guess I'll just be reaaaaaly careful when I block it, or else I'll steam-block it to begin with.

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home