Monday, February 13, 2006

Tubey Color Scheme

I launched into my Tubey this weekend for the Knitting Olympics, and I'm having a great time with it so far. I have gotten through the stripes on one sleeve, and I'm very pleased with how the colors are looking. I'm not following the stripe size and order suggested in the original pattern; I'm kind of winging it instead. So far so good!

Tubey Sleeve Stripes
That main color is dark brown, not black. It shows up really dark on my monitor.

I had decided to do a tapered sleeve instead of a bell sleeve, but after finishing I decided I didn't care for the way that looked, so I'm gearing up for a frogging session tonight and sticking with the original pattern after all.

I hope to start on the body within a few days and knit like the wind!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nadira said...

just gorgeous.

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love love love your colors!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Echo Jeanie's comments - great color combo!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

I did both -- tapered sleeve to elbow and then bell after that. (I like my sleeves to taper a little.) So, I decreased 2 stitches every 10th row five times, then worked it evenly until it was time to make the bell.
love your colors, also. looks great!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Bad Amy said...

Your colors are wonderful! Nice job!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home