Sunday, February 12, 2006

First post--just started Tubey

Hi all--I joined this knitalong sometime last month, thinking I'd start Tubey before spring. Well, Saturday, after tearing my room apart and not finding the project I needed to work on, I decided the logical thing to do would be to cast one for a new project. (of course!) So I started Tubey.

When Mission Falls announced they were closing last year, I kind of panicked, and now they've announced they're not after all, and I have an incredible stockpile of their 1824 wool yarn. So that's what I'm using for this. Here are the colors I chose:



I might just look like a roll of lifesavers when this is done.

I swatched, and hit gauge exactly on size 8 needles, despite the fact the 1824 wool has a slightly different gauge on the label than what the pattern calls for. I got pretty far on this yesterday. Can't wait to get to the stripes, because photos of charcoal stockinette aren't terribly exciting. But anyway, this is what I have so far.



I took a pause today to finish up some other projects, so hopefully I'll have some more substantial updates later this week.

--Amy

3 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

I like the colors, I think the contrast will set off nicely with the charcoal!

8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I LOVE Mission Falls wool. Did you hear it's been picked back up by a new distributor? I'm not sure when it's coming back, but it's supposed to.

Love the colors!

4:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are awesome color choices!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home