Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hooray for my Tubey!

Tubey


Here it is! My tubey in it's semi-knit glory! After ripping it out once already to get just the right size on the sleeve, it's coming along nicely now. I didn't get much knitting time in yesterday because I was trying to work on my website and this whole PHP thing is kicking my arse. I've never used it before and I'm trying to learn it, and it's just not working out the way I'd like it to, but I have a semi-knit Tubey and that makes me happy.


Tubey

Here's what it looks like on my arm in it's semi knit state. It fits just the way I like it. I'm using the same colors as in knitty with the exception of the beige and wine colors that I have (wine isn't shown yet) because when I was buying the yarn brown and eggplant weren't available, so I got colors close to it or that I thought would look nice. I love the colors on it and how bright they are. I love how it's starting to fit me and I can't wait to finish it so that I can actually wear it, even though it'll probably be really hot seeing as I live in Miami and winter is all but over here, but who cares! I'll have a hand knit sweater!



4 Comments:

Blogger wittyknits said...

I really like the substitutions you made--the colors really "pop" that way. :-)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Hey, your sleeve is actually tight and fitted, the way it's supposed to be! Why doesn't mine look like that? :-(

I already started over once, stepping down from the large to the medium. Now the part where the join is seems the right size (any smaller--i.e., any skinnier a tube--and it would probably be tight in the armpits), but the sleeve is coming out disappointingly loose and baggy.

I don't have crazy skinny arms or anything, so I don't know what my problem is. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to rip out the sleeve up to the join and step down a needle size there or something. Think that would make much of a difference?

2:26 PM  
Blogger Lissette said...

It was doing the crazy baggie thing with me too. What I ended up doing was doing a k2tog every 5th row to taper it down to my wrist and it's working out great! I'm going to rib the wrist in a 2x2 rib (I think) so it'll make it almost like a "preppy" sweater. I don't have very skinny arms, and it just seemed to me like it was coming out too baggy for my cross-back size, so I thought the decreases would work better for me. I have also been trying it on every 10-20 rows just to make sure it fits just right.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Stefanie said...

Well, I went ahead and ripped my Tubey again--up to the join to redo the baggy sleeve. I switched down from size 8 to size 7 needles, and I also started decreasing, per lissette's suggestion. I did a K2tog every three rows until I was down to 50 stitches (essentially, the sleeve size for the XS). Who knew my arms were disproportionately tinier than my back?? Anyway, I think it's going better. (**crossing my fingers that it's the last of the frogging on this...**)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home